International
Venezuelan President reiterates call to vote in referendum in defense of Essequibo
November 28 |
Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro reiterated this Monday the call to all Venezuelans to vote in the consultative referendum to be held next Sunday, December 3, in defense of the Essequibo.
During the broadcast of his program Con Maduro Más, the head of state indicated that Venezuela has a commitment with history, so he urged everyone to go to the polls and fulfill “the oath with the Homeland”.
“My vote, your vote is for everyone, it is for everyone, it is for Venezuela, for peace, for dignity and respect for our Homeland”, he emphasized, while assuring that the exercise of the vote means to confront the illegal maneuvers to strip Venezuela of what belongs to it.
Likewise, he urged the Venezuela Toda campaign command to deploy more forcefully throughout the country so that people know how to exercise their right to vote.
The head of state also highlighted the role played by the National Assembly in this process, which has led it to call a referendum on the issue for the first time in the nation’s history.
“The National Assembly did what it had to do, debated the issue, consulted on the issue and for the first time in the history of Venezuela, a consultative referendum is called to decide a unique position of the country on the Essequiba Guyana”, he stressed.
Previously, the President participated in an act at the “El Libertador” Air Base, in Aragua State, where he assured that “the hour of justice is approaching”, when referring to the consultative referendum to be held next Sunday.
In this sense, he specified that Venezuelans will have the opportunity to do justice and express their will.
The head of state pointed out that the Monroe Doctrine has endorsed the history of plundering sovereign nations, since it was dictated by John Q. Adams and attributed to U.S. President James Monroe in 1823.
“It was with the Monroe Doctrine that they executed the plan to cut off one of Venezuela’s arms, trying to take away the Essequibo and, currently, it is with the Monroe Doctrine that they intend to continue with their vassalage and plundering (…) But in life the time of justice comes and if we have had to resist unjust aggressions, threats and plundering, the time of justice will come”, he stressed.
The President recalled that the Monroe Doctrine reaches its 200th anniversary in 2023, so its essence must be denounced with rebellion and confronted in all “the fields we have to confront it because we are not and never will be slaves of anyone, slaves of the gringos, a colony of no one. Independence or nothing!
Likewise, he warned that “nobody should make a mistake with Venezuela”, since 31 years ago the men-at-arms of the South American nation said no to liberalism.
In Aragua, the Venezuelan President held a meeting with triple jumper Yulimar Rojas, called Queen of the Triple Jump, who in recent days supported the struggle for the Essequibo territory and urged Venezuelans to vote on December 3.
Regarding the audiovisual message starring Rojas, the President expressed that it is a “beautiful message”, in a Meeting with the Social Movements in Defense of the Essequibo.
“National union, union of the whole soul, of the whole conscience, union to consolidate peace, sovereignty and territorial integrity. A beautiful gift that you have given to Venezuela, Yulimar, see you soon, Yulimar!”, he stressed.’
The meeting with Rojas was attended by the first combatant, Cilia Flores, and other representatives of the Venezuelan government.
International
Iran says agreement with U.S. to end Middle East conflict is in final stages
Iran’s Foreign Ministry spokesperson, Esmail Baqai, said Saturday that Tehran and the United States were in the “finalization phase” of a memorandum of understanding aimed at ending the conflict in the Middle East.
Speaking to Iranian state television Irib, Baqai explained that Iran had initially sought to draft a memorandum consisting of 14 clauses as part of the negotiations.
“We are currently in the phase of finalizing these memorandums of understanding,” he stated.
Shortly before Baqai’s remarks became public, U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio said there was “a possibility” that Iran could agree to a deal to end the conflict as early as Saturday.
“There is a possibility that later today, tomorrow, or within the next couple of days, we may have something to announce,” Rubio told reporters in New Delhi, adding that he hoped for “good news.”
Despite acknowledging progress in the negotiations, the top U.S. diplomat warned that President Donald Trump could still decide to resume military strikes against Iran if talks fail to produce a final agreement.
International
WHO Warns Ebola Outbreak Is Spreading Rapidly in DR Congo
The World Health Organization on Friday raised the risk level of the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo from “high” to “very high,” the highest alert category used by the organization.
WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said the outbreak is spreading rapidly across the country, particularly in the eastern provinces of North Kivu and South Kivu.
“The Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo is spreading rapidly,” Tedros stated during a press conference.
He explained that the WHO had previously classified the risk as high at both the national and regional levels, while maintaining a low risk assessment globally.
“We are now revising our risk assessment to classify it as very high at the national level, high at the regional level, and low at the global level,” he added.
A WHO spokesperson told AFP that “very high” represents the organization’s highest risk category.
The outbreak has expanded across North Kivu and South Kivu, regions divided by the frontline between Congolese government forces and the armed group M23, which is reportedly backed by Rwanda and has seized large areas of territory since 2021.
International
Guatemalan Man Sentenced to 50 Years in U.S. Prison for Child Exploitation Crimes
Ángel Emilio Rodríguez Marroquín, a Guatemalan citizen living illegally in California, was sentenced to 50 years in prison on multiple charges related to the sexual exploitation of his two eight-year-old nephews, both of whom are disabled, according to a report published by Fox News.
The Central American national was arrested on November 22, 2025, on charges of producing and possessing child pornography, the report stated.
The investigation was led by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement in Los Angeles and the Homeland Security Investigations division of the immigration service. Authorities said Rodríguez Marroquín recorded himself sexually abusing both children.
According to the Department of Homeland Security, Rodríguez illegally entered the United States in 2024, was arrested, and later released.
The convicted man is also under investigation in Guatemala for child exploitation offenses. That investigation is being conducted by HSI in coordination with the Los Angeles Cyber Crimes Against Children Unit.
“This depraved illegal alien from Guatemala pleaded guilty to producing and possessing child pornography involving the abuse of his nephews,” said acting DHS Deputy Secretary Lauren Bis.
She also criticized U.S. immigration policies under former President Joe Biden, claiming the defendant would not have been in the country if stricter border controls had been enforced.
-
International4 days agoU.S. Sanctions Alleged Sinaloa Cartel Money Launderers Linked to Fentanyl Trade
-
International4 days agoTrump Delays Potential Iran Strikes as Regional Peace Talks Continue
-
International2 days agoWHO Warns Ebola Outbreak Is Spreading Rapidly in DR Congo
-
International18 hours agoIran says agreement with U.S. to end Middle East conflict is in final stages
-
Central America5 days agoNicaragua’s Alliances With U.S. Rivals Could Trigger More Sanctions, Analysis Says
-
International5 days agoGabriel García Luna Pledges to Restore Public Trust in Guatemala’s Prosecutor’s Office
-
International2 days agoGuatemalan Man Sentenced to 50 Years in U.S. Prison for Child Exploitation Crimes
-
International4 days agoFAO Urges Urgent Action as Hormuz Disruption Threatens Global Food Supply

























