International
Israel kills Nael Sakhl, a member of the Hamas headquarters in the West Bank, in Gaza
Israeli forces confirmed on Thursday that they had killed in an attack in Gaza two weeks ago Nael Sakhl, a “major terrorist” who was operating at Hamas headquarters in the occupied West Bank, directing the planning of attacks.
“On July 24, during a joint activity of the Israel Defense Forces and Shin Bet in the Gaza Strip, the important Hamas terrorist Nael Sakhl was attacked,” said a military statement.
Sakhl was involved in the direction of “terrorist attacks in Judea and Samaria”, a biblical and historical term with which Israel refers to the occupied West Bank, which in parallel to the war in Gaza is experiencing its greatest peak of violence with more than 620 Palestinians killed since October 7, 20 of them since last Saturday in Israeli raids and attacks in Tulkarem, Tubas and Yenin.
Israel pointed out that several days after the attack, “intelligence information was received indicating that it had been eliminated.”
“For more than a decade, Nael operated in the ‘West Bank headquarters’ of Hamas, responsible for directing terrorist activities in Judea and Samaria; in addition to being involved in the direction of terrorist activities, financing and supplying weapons to cells that promoted terrorist attacks against Israeli civilians and soldiers in that area,” explained the statement of the Army and Shin Bet.
At least 22 people were killed and 77 were injured in the Israeli attacks on the Gaza Strip in the last 24 hours, according to figures from the Gaza Ministry of Health, controlled by Hamas.
Since the beginning of the war between Israel and Hamas in the Palestinian enclave, ten months ago, 39,699 people have died and more than 91,700 have been injured in Gaza. In addition, it is estimated that the bodies of about 10,000 disappeared are still buried under the rubble.
In the last few hours, at least 15 people died and another 15 were injured in an attack on the Bureij refugee camp, in the center of the Strip, according to Palestinian sources.
On the other hand, the Israeli Army said on Thursday “not to be aware” of any incident that has injured a humanitarian worker after the NGO World Central Kitchen (WCK) reported last night the death of his partner Nadi Sallout near Deir al Balah, in central Gaza.
“So far, the armed forces are not aware of any incident in which an employee of the organization has been injured during his work in recent days,” said a brief military statement that alludes to a preliminary investigation by the Army.
World Central Kitchen, the NGO of Spanish chef José Andrés, said it was unaware of the details of the incident, although it believes that Sallout was not working at the time of his death.
“The Army examines each exceptional incident individually,” says the statement about the event of the armed forces, so it is expected that in the coming hours it will give more details about it.
The Israeli Army again ordered the evacuation of multiple eastern neighborhoods of the city of Jan Yunis, in southern Gaza, assuring that Palestinian militiamen “continue to fire rockets” from these areas, in which the armed forces already carried out an offensive at the end of July that left about 300 dead.
The Arabic spokesman of the Army, Avichay Adraee, disseminated on social network X the call “to residents who have not evacuated” the areas of Al Salqa, Al Qarara, Bani Suhaila, Abasan, Khirbet Khuza’a, all in the east and northeast of Jan Yunis, to flee to the “humanitarian zone” of Mawasi, where thousands of Palestinians are already cramming into a swarm of tents with poor humanitarian conditions.
“The armed forces will act vigorously against these elements,” warned the military spokesman, in which he foresees a new offensive where the Army had already ended its activities.
Shortly after the armed forces issued their evacuation order, the Gaza Civil Defense services announced that they had recovered five dead from the rubble of a house in Al Qarara, the result of a bombing of the Israeli aviation.
In addition, they rescued two wounded and continue to search for a missing person.
The Israeli Army bombed two schools in Gaza City on Thursday, that of Abdul Fattah Hamud and Al Zahraa, killing at least 12 people, according to the Civil Defense of the enclave.
“Air force fighter planes recently attacked, selectively and under the direction of the intelligence of Shin Bet and the South Command, control and command complexes” of Hamas which, according to the military statement that corroborated the bombing, were camouflaged among the schools.
Civil Defense reported the death of seven Palestinians in Al Zahraa and five others in Abdul Fattah Hamud, while local media pointed to at least thirty injured and several missing.
In videos broadcast on Palestinian channels after the event, several people are observed carrying the remains of the deceased in a van, while another man shows journalists in the area the viscera collected at the site of the attack.
The Israeli Army assures that it has taken measures to reduce the chances of harming civilians, “including the use of precision weapons, surveillance and additional intelligence,” as it often warns in statements about attacks that kill what they usually call “uninvolved civilians.”
International
Actress Hayden Panettiere Dies at 36, Representative Confirms
Actress Hayden Panettiere has died at the age of 36, her representative confirmed to CNN.
“It is with profound sadness that we share the tragic passing of our beloved Hayden. She was an incredible light and a force of nature who brought immeasurable love and joy to everyone who knew her, and to the millions who saw her on screen,” her father, Skip Panettiere, said in a statement to CNN.
The circumstances surrounding her death were not immediately known. ABC was the first outlet to report the news.
Panettiere rose to prominence in the late 2000s with her role as Claire Bennet in the television series “Heroes.” Her character was a cheerleader with the ability to heal herself, becoming one of the show’s most recognizable figures.
She later starred in the musical drama series “Nashville,” portraying Juliette Barnes, a young country music star whose career and personal life were central to the series.
Panettiere also appeared in the 2011 horror film “Scream 4” as Kirby Reed. She later returned to the franchise more than a decade later in “Scream VI.”
Her other notable film credits included “I Love You, Beth Cooper” and “Remember the Titans.”
Panettiere’s career spanned television and film, with roles that made her a familiar face to audiences from the 2000s onward.
International
Luigi Mangione Pleads Guilty to Killing UnitedHealthcare CEO Brian Thompson
Luigi Mangione admitted Friday to fatally shooting Brian Thompson, the CEO of UnitedHealthcare, the largest health insurance group in the United States, during an appearance before a federal judge.
The case shocked the U.S. business community and dates back to December 2024, when Mangione opened fire on Thompson, 50, on a Manhattan street. Prosecutors have described the attack as being motivated by Mangione’s opposition to the U.S. health insurance system.
“On the morning of December 4, I shot Mr. Thompson in Manhattan and he died,” Mangione said as he pleaded guilty to a federal stalking charge related to his pursuit of the executive.
Mangione, 28, is scheduled to be sentenced on December 18, and prosecutors have indicated that they will seek a life sentence.
In addition to the federal charges related to stalking Thompson, Mangione also faces a murder case brought by the state of New York.
Following his guilty plea in federal court, Mangione’s defense asked a state court to dismiss the state charges, arguing that prosecuting him again for the same conduct would violate protections against double jeopardy.
“We have just filed our motion in state court to explain why the charges should be dismissed under New York’s protections against double jeopardy,” Mangione’s attorney, Karen Friedman Agnifilo, said Friday.
Both the federal and state cases could result in a life sentence. Two other federal charges that initially carried the possibility of the death penalty were dismissed by a judge earlier this year.
International
ICE Plan to Equip Agents With Electric Shock Gloves Raises Abuse Concerns
Plans to equip U.S. immigration agents with gloves capable of delivering electric shocks are raising concerns over potential abuses by a law enforcement agency that critics accuse of using excessive force and providing inadequate training to its personnel.
The plan involves the potential purchase of electric-shock gloves for agents with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), the agency primarily responsible for carrying out President Donald Trump’s campaign to deport millions of undocumented immigrants.
Democratic Representative Maxwell Frost criticized the proposal on X, arguing that the agency has already faced accusations of excessive force during immigration enforcement operations.
“As if assaulting and shooting people in the streets wasn’t enough,” Frost wrote. He also criticized the reported $20 million potential expenditure on the devices and called for greater restrictions on ICE.
The agency has faced growing scrutiny following a series of deadly shootings during immigration enforcement operations. Among the incidents were the deaths of two U.S. citizens in Minnesota in January who were participating in protests against the agency.
Critics have focused on the tactics used by ICE agents when detaining immigrants, as well as allegations that training standards for newly recruited personnel have been lowered.
According to a procurement plan first reported by the Associated Press, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), which oversees ICE, could spend between $10 million and $20 million on the devices.
The gloves are described by the agency as tools intended for “distraction and de-escalation,” rather than lethal weapons. The system, known as GLOVE, stands for “Generated Low-Output Voltage Emitter.”
The device is manufactured by Compliant Technologies, a Kentucky-based company that describes its products as advanced non-lethal tools designed to protect and assist law enforcement and other personnel.
The proposal comes amid an intensifying national debate over ICE’s enforcement methods and the use of force during the Trump administration’s immigration crackdown.
-
International3 days agoThree U.S. Executions Set for Same Day as Trump Pushes to Expand Death Penalty
-
International3 days agoColombia Earthquake Death Toll Reaches 265 as Rescue Teams Race Against Time
-
International2 hours agoActress Hayden Panettiere Dies at 36, Representative Confirms
-
International2 days agoLuigi Mangione Pleads Guilty to Killing UnitedHealthcare CEO Brian Thompson
-
International2 days agoICE Plan to Equip Agents With Electric Shock Gloves Raises Abuse Concerns






























